Friday, August 23, 2013

Welcome Kindergarten class of 2013-14!

I am so excited about my new class this year. I have six precious boys and girls this year. (double from last year! Ha! Ha!) Four boys and two girls.

They have already stolen my heart!

IMG_7505IMG_7506IMG_7507IMG_7508IMG_7509IMG_7510

Gotta love these smiling faces!! They are all so sweet! I love these first few days of school when they love school so much. They tell me “Mrs. Messner, we love your class!! It is so fun!” Awwww…warms my heart!

My Classroom

Theme-Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

IMG_7471

This is our Chicka Chicka Boom Boom board. We have done lots of art projects this week making chicka trees in lots of different ways. So fun!

IMG_7472

Love pennant banners!

IMG_7473

Saw this idea on Pinterest….the kids love it!

IMG_7474

The right side of our room.

IMG_7475

Our scoreboard on the first day of school. We got lots of “Oh Yeahs” and a few “Mighty Groans”.

IMG_7476

Happy Helpers for this year

IMG_7477

Math Circle and Morning Meeting area

IMG_7479IMG_7480

Growth Chart                      Birthday graph

IMG_7481

Our classroom theme for this year “I want to be like Jesus”

IMG_7482

God’s Super Star board

IMG_7483

View of the left side of the room

IMG_7423IMG_7425IMG_7426IMG_7427IMG_7428IMG_7430IMG_7431IMG_7432IMG_7433IMG_7434IMG_7435IMG_7436IMG_7437

We had so much fun making our chicka trees!

School Tour-Letter Hunt

On the first day of school we went on a letter hunt to find all the letters that belonged on our chicka tree. It also helped us find out where different parts of our school were located, such as the lunchroom, library, Mrs. Crotts office (the principal), the office, and the Preschool room where they will take their afternoon naps.

IMG_7438IMG_7439IMG_7440

The Preschool with Mrs. Angela

IMG_7441

IMG_7444

The Library with Mrs. Paulus

IMG_7445IMG_7446IMG_7447IMG_7448

The lunch room with Mrs. Fleming

IMG_7449IMG_7450IMG_7451

Back in our room, we hung them on the tree and discovered we were missing one. The letter L was hiding in Mrs. Crotts office! Smile

I took several pictures of them and it was impossible to get them all looking and smiling at the same time.

IMG_7452

IMG_7453IMG_7454

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Thank you for sharing kindergarten with us!
    From: Natalie's Nana (Angela Jones)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.