We always do “movement time” mid-morning, as a transition between Phonics and Handwriting. The children have been sitting for a while at this point and typically Handwriting is not their favorite subject. Doing movement sort of breaks up the monotony and gives them a chance to work out some wiggles. Some children need this more than others. Sometimes if a child doesn’t want to participate I allow them to sit and watch, but most of the time all of them need this time to burn some energy and we always have lots of giggles to go with the wiggles!
One morning I had played the CD “Sam’s Songs” by Brent Vernon as the children were coming in and Patrick recognized it and loved it! He asked at movement time if they could move to one of these songs. I felt it was a good idea for something different (normally I use a song off of “Wee Sing’s Movement”).
I played “What a Wonderful Day” which is a very upbeat and happy song. The kids loved it! (It is also a very long song!) They were wore out by the time it was over. (I think it is over 3 mins long).
I also videoed them on my phone doing this, but can’t figure out how to upload it to my computer.
Freestyle! Natalie doing a “Puppy Pose”!
This has turned into one of the most requested movement songs! I usually limit it to once a week though…
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.