Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Art Project-learning to follow directions

Today our regular Art teacher was not able to have Art class so thankfully I saved the day by having a “Comprehension Art Project” all ready to go, that I had been wanting to do with the Kinders.

There were step-by-step directions that they took turns reading and doing. It was really fun and they got to make a butterfly in the process.

IMG_9986IMG_9987IMG_9988IMG_9989IMG_9990IMG_9991IMG_9993IMG_9994IMG_9995IMG_9996IMG_9997

Math-Learning to measure with “feet”

IMG_9998IMG_9999

Today we used paper cut-outs to measure our feet. Everyone had a chance to first measure their foot against the paper cut out and we discussed whether their foot was “longer than”, “shorter than”, or “about the same size” as the paper cut outs.

IMG_0001IMG_0002IMG_0003

Natalie’s was the only one that was the same size, everyone else’s foot was larger than the paper.

 

IMG_0004IMG_0005IMG_0006

Then we each guessed how many feet it would take to measure from Landon’s desk (which is closest to the door) to the door.

IMG_0007IMG_0009IMG_0010

It was fun taking turns laying them down. Patrick and I were the closest in our guesses. It took 23 feet and he guessed 20 and I guessed 25.

IMG_0011IMG_0012

Then we went outside to measure how far it was from our door to the hallway door. We started out really good, but the wind started up and we decided against that! ha! ha! We were chasing feet everywhere. Oh well, I think they were wearing out by then anyway.

Science Class

Today we got to look at the inside of a  lima bean under a magnifying glass! How cool! We all saw the baby plant that is inside the bean.

IMG_0013IMG_0014IMG_0015IMG_0016IMG_0017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.