Saturday, August 23, 2014

Kicking off a New School Year! 2014-15

It’s hard to believe it is time to start school again. I think the summers are going by faster and faster every year. But then, the school year’s always seem to fly by too. It’s just a reminder that we need to savor every moment! Don’t rush so much! Take time to stop and smell the roses and enjoy each day for what it has to offer. God is so good to us! There are blessings to be found in EVERY day!

My newest batch of blessings are here!

IMG_0547

Aren’t they they cutest? (I think I say that every year! But I mean This year my classroom theme is “Pete the Cat”. It is based on a series of books that have taken off, though they have been around a while. They were introduced to me last year (guess I am behind times) by one mf my students. I loved them and so did my students! So I decided that would be make a great theme to decorate my classroom with. And we always use the new theme to do activities with the first week of school.

IMG_0513IMG_0514

These are the only two pictures I managed to get of me with students. I need someone to come in and take the rest of the pictures one morning. Smile I WILL get the rest! I promise!

IMG_0515IMG_0516

IMG_0517

So happy to be at school the first day!!

IMG_0518IMG_0519IMG_0520IMG_0521IMG_0522IMG_0523IMG_0524IMG_0525

I have 8 precious children this year! I am so excited! God is blessing our school!

 

IMG_0526IMG_0527IMG_0528

This year I have added a new element to our Morning Meeting. Each child has their own “Calendar Binder” and each day they trace the month, write the date, trace the day of the week, write how many days we’ve been in school, and mark the season. I was a little worried that this might be too much for them, but we started it the first day of school and WOW! These kids are amazing!! They are doing a wonderful job! Aren’t they cute doing their work? They  really look like big kids!

IMG_0529IMG_0530IMG_0531

Exploring a math material-Teddy Bear Counters

Hunting for Pete the Cat (aka School Tour)

IMG_0532

Our first stop was in the Preschool room, to see where we would take a nap.

IMG_0533

Of course everyone wanted to give Miss Angela some love…Red heart

IMG_0534

Then we went to the office to meet Miss Baker and Mrs Green (but I forgot to take a picture. Sad smile)  Next, we went to the library. (I have a brother and sister in my class this year…can you tell?)

IMG_0535

Then we went to the lunchroom to see if Pete might be there…and to find out how we are to act in the lunchroom. We also stopped by the Art room to see if Pete was there, but he left a note saying he was back in our room.

IMG_0536

Learning how to walk in a straight line….

IMG_0538

When we got back to room, we found that Pete had beat us back to the room and was sitting on Mrs. Messner’s podium. Wow! How did he do that? He also left the door open a little. Chase was certain he had closed it when we went out. See, that’s was his job this week-closing and opening the doors for us. So….how did Pete get there? It’s still a mystery.

IMG_0539IMG_0540IMG_0541IMG_0542IMG_0543IMG_0544IMG_0545IMG_0546

He left us a cool and yummy snack that reminded us of the his book “Pete the Cat and the 4 Groovy Buttons”. So good!!

IMG_0547IMG_0548

Love these kids!! Their hats say “I rocked my first day of Kindergarten!” Smile 

IMG_0549IMG_0551

Our first time at lunch! They did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.