TEEN FAMILY
This week we focused on the “teen family” (10-19) in Math. We used the cool teen frame work mats that I found on TpT. The kids had to place teddy bear counters on to show whatever number they had on their mat. I am proud of how well they are doing. Those that were in Mrs. Angela Jones’s K4 class last year know their teen family very well!
Thank you Mrs. Angela!!
(We actually have only gone up to 16 at the time of this picture, so Kat had to do number 9).
Writing Our Names with the Correct Letter Formation
Another one of my finds this time on Teacher’s Notebook. A font that I can print each of my children’s names in so that they can practice the correct formation of the letters in their names, even if we haven’t learned that letter yet in Handwriting. Thank you “Kindergarten Works” for sharing this great tool!
I laminated them so that we could use dry erase markers and do this activity again and again. I plan to do it at least once a week for a while. They love using my dry erase markers!
Sorting Buttons
Another concept we work on is sorting. We have sorted shapes by their size, color, and shape, teddy bear counters by their colors, linking cubes by their color and today we did buttons by their color, then by their size. We ran out of time before we could sort by the number of holes that they had, but we discussed that some had 1 hole, some had 3 holes and some had 4 holes.
Sorry most of their heads were down during this time. They were closely inspecting their buttons.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.