I know this song has no Scriptural value or truths to it, but it is great for getting the wiggles out! And we were learning about Abraham and Sarah this week in Bible time. Ha! ha! The kids absolutely love to sing this song! It’s a really great work out!
Finding the Missing Number
In Morning Meeting this week we played a game called “Find the Missing Number”. After playing it together as a group, I let them partner up and play it in teams. They lay out the number cards 1-10 and then one person closes their eyes and their partner picks up a number. The first person has to guess what number is missing. It is great for number recognition.
Passing Out Papers-Quick!
One thing we’ve been working on is getting our papers passed around the room in a quick manner. (sometimes we like to poke!) So I made up a game where we try to beat our last time. I hand the first person the stack of worksheets, then say go and they have to quickly pass the papers around the room as I count. I then write the number of seconds on the board and the next time we do a worksheet we try to beat that time. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don’t. The neat thing is they are learning what to do if someone drops a paper. They (without me telling them) figured out how to pick it up and hand them to the person behind them instead of having that one paper go all the way around again.
They cheer each other on and have a blast doing this.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.