Sunday, February 22, 2015

Learning About Cylinders

This week we had a lesson about the cylinder shape. I brought out several different objects found in our classroom that are cylinders. We discussed what made it a cylinder-(they have a circle shape on both the top and bottom that is the same size, and they will be able to roll when placed on their sides).

IMG_2176

After discussing each object, I had the children take turns putting them in order from shortest to tallest. IMG_2177

 

Show & Tell-Something with a President’s Picture on it…

IMG_2178

Landon’s mommy printed off a picture of George Washington. He knew who he was and that he was our first President! Yay!

IMG_2179

Anna brought a .50 piece with John F. Kennedy on the front

IMG_2180

Katherine had a $1.00 bill with George Washington on it.

IMG_2181

Chase had a $5.00 bill with Abraham Lincoln on it.

I loved that they all knew the names of the Presidents they had brought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.