Monday, September 21, 2015

Whole Brain Teaching “Teach-Okay!”

I use Whole Brain Teaching in my classroom. It is a philosophy that we learn best by using our whole brain.  We involve our minds, our body, and our language. One of the ways I do this is to teach a concept, then let the kids teach each other. This is called “Teach-Okay”! They love it! The kids take turns (I call the teams of two “peanut butter and jelly”) and they teach each other the concept I just taught them using gestures to help them remember. 

IMG_3457IMG_3458IMG_3459IMG_3460IMG_3461IMG_3462

It is lots of fun and the information really sticks with them well!

Practicing the AB Patterns Again

IMG_3463IMG_3464

We used our linking cubes to make AB patterns today.

IMG_3465IMG_3466

The kids had to use two colors and they needed 4 of each color.

IMG_3467IMG_3468

Pretty proud of their work!

IMG_3469

Love this pretty girl!

IMG_3470   

Corbin is working hard to build his AB tower.         

IMG_3471IMG_3472IMG_3473

Then we took turns reading our patterns by color…

IMG_3474IMG_3475IMG_3476

and then by letter. Smile 

Sorting Teddy Bears

IMG_3477IMG_3478IMG_3479IMG_3481IMG_3482IMG_3484

This time they had 4 colors of  teddy bears. They chose two colors then made an AB pattern then switched to the other two color choices they had and made another AB pattern.

Hailey’s Birthday

Hailey's Birthday

Birthday’s are always fun in K5!

IMG_3485IMG_3486

Hailey brought special cookies for everyone in the class. She

IMG_3487IMG_3488

wanted everyone to close their eyes while she passed out the cookies.

IMG_3489IMG_3490

They were beautiful sugar cookies (very yummy!) with the number “6” on the front.

IMG_3491IMG_3492IMG_3493

So cute and so good!!

Playing “I Spy Objects that Start with M”

IMG_3494IMG_3495IMG_3496IMG_3497IMG_3498IMG_3499

We had lots of fun looking for pictures hidden around the room of objects that start with the letter M!

Another fun week is in the books for Kindergarten….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.