Friday, August 13, 2010

Time for a new year to begin…

I’m gearing up for another year of Kindergarten! It is just around the corner…10 more days to be exact!

I’ve been working hard in my room to get it all set up for my new students.

During the summer our school turns into a “motel” of sorts. The classroom is taken apart and beds are moved in. People stay in them during the  “Bible Methodist Camp Meeting”. After Camp Meeting is over, the teachers began to set up their classrooms again for a new school year.

IMG_7752

This is what my classroom looked like when I first went in to start setting up…

IMG_7753

Lots of work to be done!

IMG_7754

Thanks to a dear friend, I got to shampoo the carpets…

 

And now the finished product!

IMG_7888

Backpack hooks

IMG_7884

Morning Meeting and Work Jobs list

IMG_7885 

Math  Center

IMG_7886

Looking toward the back of our room

IMG_7887

Inside wall

Our room theme is “Puppies”! One of my bulletin boards says “A Class to Bark  About” and another one says “Top Dog”  (this is the same thing as the “Star of the Week”) I am the “Top Dog” this month. :o)

It is going to be a great year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.