Sunday, November 21, 2010

Chet sheds his skin…

One day last week, I was sitting at my desk doing oral evaluations in Phonics. The children come up to my desk one at a time to be evaluated while the rest of the class are supposed to work “quietly” at their desks. This is a skill we are still work in Kindergarten.  J   One of my students was talking instead of working and I was reminding them yet again that this was a quiet time when she said “Why is the frog wearing a skirt?” I moved to get a better look at Chet to see why on earth she would think he was wearing a skirt. Yep! It did look like he had on a skirt. One child said it looked like a tutu!

IMG_8543

Chet was “molting”-or shedding his skin. It is pretty cool to watch. Apparently, he then eats it because the big wad of skin was gone the next morning. Which led to a big discussion on whether we should eat our skin or not. NOT!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.