Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Learning Our Math Facts

Earlier this week I tried a new idea with my “chicks”  to work on our math facts. We are up through the “five family”. I found this cool idea on pinterest (have I mentioned I LOVE pinterest? ha! ha!) This is one of those ideas that made me slap my head with a “well-duh”! I can’t believe I haven’t already thought of this! Anyway, the kids loved it and seemed to pick up the idea really fast. I think it gives a great “visual” to the concept of adding!

IMG_6173IMG_6174

I laid out several math facts for each child and gave them a bucket of linking cubes with two colors.

IMG_6175IMG_6176

Then they snapped the cubes together to show the math fact.

IMG_6177IMG_6178IMG_6179 

I love all three of these silly faces! He is such a hoot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.