Sunday, September 14, 2014

More Math Fun

This week we played and worked with pattern blocks. The children really seem to love working with them. As we go along this year, they will be using them to copy patterns on work mats. Some of them can be pretty challenging.
20140909_09510220140909_09510620140909_09512020140909_09512820140909_09513320140909_09514420140909_095150 Gotta love these faces!

Going Fishing!

20140909_11015520140909_11015920140909_11024120140909_11024920140909_11031320140909_11032320140909_11035620140909_11040320140909_11042220140909_11043520140909_11050320140909_11053520140909_11054320140909_11060320140909_110609
The Kinders got to use a real fishing rod with a magnet attached to “catch” fish. On the front of the fish was a number that told how much their fish weighed. If they couldn't tell us the correct number the “fish got away”. I am happy to report, no fish got away! Smile They begged to do this every day after that. ha! ha! I think the fish game will come in very handy for review this year!
IMG_0829
Remember the “alphabirds” from my last post? Here is a picture of what they look like, as promised.

IMG_0830IMG_0832
Working on a Social Studies page about Police Officers…

Bible Time

I am so blesssed to be able to teach in a Christian school where prayer and Bible reading is fully acceptable and legal.
Here are my students during prayer time. When they heard me moving around with the camera, several peeked to see what I was doing. ha! ha! This is a great group of children. I was thrilled one day this week when I asked if anyone had a praise or prayer request. I am trying to really encourage them to give a praise, not just a request. One of my boys said “I just want to praise the Lord for touching my …(family member)” We had prayed for this person last week! God is so good!
IMG_0833IMG_0834
We are also learning the Lord’s Prayer.
IMG_0835
We also get to say the Pledge of Allegiance to the America Flag, Christian Flag and the Bible every morning! They are doing a great job memorizing the words!

IMG_0836IMG_0837
Learning to graph by color….

Using Pattern Blocks to Make a Design

20140910_08590720140910_09005020140910_09040420140910_09040820140910_09042620140910_09043620140910_09065020140910_09065520140910_09065820140910_09070820140910_090717
I take a lot of pictures, but they are so cooperative! Love these kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.