Sunday, November 16, 2014

V is for Varieties of Vanilla

This week for fun I brought in different types of vanilla flavored foods and drink for the kids to sample and vote on so that we could do a graph. We had just learned the letter V and the V Blends last week so it fit right in. We also have been doing different types of graphs this year so it was another reinforcement of that concept. I do this activity every year and every year it is a hit. However, this year I do believe I got more complements than ever. I kept hearing “Mrs. Messner you are the best!” “You are awesome, Mrs. Messner!” ha! ha! It makes a teacher feel good to hear sweet words coming from their students mouths (even it it is due to the fact that I gave them vanilla ice cream! Smile with tongue out)
We had Vanilla Cream Soda, Vanilla Ice Cream, Vanilla Wafers, and Vanilla Yogurt.
IMG_1242The kids got to taste each variety of vanilla flavored foods.
IMG_1243IMG_1244IMG_1245IMG_1246
Then we voted on our favorite. Now at this age, children love to copy what their best friend voted for, so I had them put their heads down on their desk and close their eyes and give me thumbs up on their favorite.
IMG_1247IMG_1248IMG_1249IMG_1250
It was hilarious! Several times I had to remind them that they could only vote once. Then one child didn’t vote at all so I asked him to please vote and he said, “I just like them all!” Smile
The overall favorite choice was the vanilla wafers. Ice cream came in 2nd and if I would have let them vote more than once it probably would have won 1st place. They also wanted to change their mind about their choice when they saw what their friends had voted for. ha! ha! Funny kids!

Working on the 40 family

IMG_1251IMG_1252
Today we worked on number recognition for the 40 family. (40-49)
IMG_1253IMG_1254
They had to put two number flashcards together to make the 40 number that I called out.
IMG_1255IMG_1256IMG_1257IMG_1258IMG_1259IMG_1260
I get the sillies faces! These kids are such hams! Open-mouthed smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.