One of the things we worked on in December, was sequencing stories. This is an important skill for my students. We practiced first by listening to a short story then answering questions about what happened first, second and last in the story, then I pulled out this game and we played it on the floor. Each story had four cards that the children had to find, then put them in the correct order by looking at the pictures.
Learning to Spell Words
Today I passed out the letter cards. Some of the children received vowel cards and some consonant cards. First we made a blend, then added the final consonant to make a word. They had to listen for their sound and take their card up front.
Working with Geoboards and Geobands to make designs
This is now the favorite math material! (except when a band breaks and snaps someone in the finger.
)
“Class-Teach”
Taking turns teaching our partners the one vowel rule.
Same thing, just a different day…
Funny Picture and Story
Today was “one of those days!” The story behind this picture makes me laugh though. Kenley came in this morning just beaming. She greeted me, then told me she was so excited. When I asked her why she told me it was because she was getting to buy her lunch for the very first time!
(Don’t you love how simple things can make a child’s day?) Then on the way to the lunch room, I noticed that I was carrying my camera. While I do take a lot of pictures, I don’t usually take my camera to the lunch room unless there is something special going on. So I commented to the children “Silly Mrs. Messner is carrying her camera to the lunch room!” Kenley said “That’s okay, you can take a picture of me eating my lunch that I got to buy for the first time!” Ha! ha! So of course I did. Even funnier is the reason I had my camera was I picked it up by mistake instead of my lunch box. Didn’t realize it till I got to the lunchroom and couldn’t find the lunchbox.
Oh well, Kenley’s picture was worth it! (Silly Mrs. Messner is ready for Christmas Break!)
Reading Circles & Seatwork Began
This is a very exciting time of year for Kindergartners!
I am so proud of all of my Kinders!
Love the pictures, and update on how much our children are learning in your class.
ReplyDelete