Sunday, September 27, 2015

Fall is Here!

Counting Objects to Match a Number

 

IMG_3539IMG_3540IMG_3541IMG_3542

Playing a Fall Leaf Number Puzzle Game

IMG_3543IMG_3544IMG_3545IMG_3546IMG_3547IMG_3548

I made this game up years ago when I first started teaching. (around 1991) and found it the other day in my “fall stuff”. It is so simple it is ridiculous but I thought I might as well let them play with it. They loved it!! Yes, it is so easy the K3 and K4 students could probably do it, but they enjoyed it and we worked on “teamwork”-one of our words for the month. I am trying to teach them how to work together to do something. They asked to play it over again about three times. I had taken 4 different shaped leaves and colors and put numbers on three sections before cutting them apart and laminating them. Today I mixed all the pieces up and scattered them on the ground. They had to find all the pieces for their leaf and match them together to make the leaf shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.