Sunday, September 27, 2015

September Fun

H is for Hat!

I look so ridiculous in hats, not like these adorable children! They all look like they were made for wearing hats! Which is why I am posting this picture. This is not about me, it’s about these kids! We had fun wearing all kinds of hats today, to celebrate letter H!

IMG_3511

Community Helper-Server

We have been learning about all kinds of community helpers this year and we are bringing it to a close this next week. We will begin a study on America-Our Great Country. Corbin is so excited and can not wait!! He is my little history buff!

To make today more interesting and fun, I went to the lunch room and borrowed a serving tray and found some plastic ware, a napkin, a paper plate and a cup. I also had an old apron that I use when we are doing painting to keep it off of my clothes as much as possible. Winking smile

IMG_3512IMG_3513

We talked first about our favorite restaurant and the difference

IMG_3514IMG_3515

between “fast food” and a “sit down style” restaurant. Then

IMG_3516IMG_3517

I acted out for them how a waitress/waiter would come take their

IMG_3518IMG_3519

order, then go get their food. I let each child have a turn doing this.

IMG_3520IMG_3521

We had lots of discussion about using our best manners when

IMG_3522IMG_3523

ordering food. They had so much fun practicing not spilling the

IMG_3524IMG_3525

drink (the cup was empty and it was easy for it to fall over) or

IMG_3526IMG_3527

the tray of food. The costumer had fun pretending to eat the food

IMG_3528IMG_3529

as well. I think this turned out to be their favorite community

IMG_3530IMG_3531

helper to learn about!

“Meet You at the Pole 2015”

IMG_3532IMG_3533IMG_3534IMG_3535IMG_3536IMG_3537

“End of the Day Stuff”

IMG_3538

At the end of the day, after we have packed all our papers and had our agenda’s stamped with a smiley face, and packed our binders up, the kids can line up to get their treat for the day. (For good behavior). They are offered a choice of a cat sticker (I once had a parent who worked for a Vet’s office and gave me tons of cat stickers! ha! ha! The kids love them!) or a sucker.

A great way to end our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.