Sunday, September 6, 2015

Odds and Ends from Our Week

One of the things that I am proud that we get to do every morning is start our day with the pledges. We pledge to the American Flag, the Christian Flag and the Bible all together as a school. Then Mrs. Crotts leads us in a school wide prayer. My students have already begun to memorize all three pledges by heart! I am so proud of them!

IMG_3355

In the mornings, before school starts, the children always have morning work on their desks. Some times it is actually a worksheet, sometimes a craft, sometimes puzzles or books, but this day we did water color painting! They were so excited. For a couple of the children, this was their first experience with water coloring. It is so neat to see their little faces light up when they get to try something new!

IMG_3356IMG_3357IMG_3358

Learning to Sort Pattern Blocks

In Morning Meeting, I gave the children all a bowl full of pattern blocks. We talked about how they were different in size, shape and color. Then I had them “sort” them by the ones that were alike. “Sort” is a new word for some children. We will be practicing this skill lots of different ways throughout the year.

IMG_3359IMG_3360IMG_3361IMG_3362IMG_3363IMG_3364IMG_3365

IMG_3366IMG_3367                             Proud of their work!

Using Offices

This week I introduced to the kids “offices”. They keep these cardboard folders in their desks and use them for work that needs to be kept private (like graded papers). They love them so much that they beg to use them every day. It’s so cute!

IMG_3368

Making Creation Books

IMG_3370IMG_3371

We made Creation booklets this morning and they were so proud of them. Today was also chapel day so some of the kids begged to take them with them to chapel. I decided to let them, as long as they didn’t play with them during the service. It was so cute, because the older kids use chorus books to sing out of and of course my kids are too young to read from those so they pretended to sing with the Creation books. I loved it!

Working on Letter T

This week we started working on consonants and we started with the letter T and L this week. The kids are working on a search and find paper for the letter T.

IMG_3372IMG_3373IMG_3374

Using Ten Frames for Math

We practiced counting and recognition of numbers 1-9 using ten frames and pom pom balls today. Little do they know that I am sneaking in some addition with this as well!

IMG_3375IMG_3376IMG_3377

Working in Our Interactive Alphabet Books for Letter T

IMG_3378IMG_3379

The Girls Like to Color and the Boy Likes to Read Books

IMG_3380IMG_3381

Having Fun with Circles and Rectangles

Today we had fun reviewing the circle and rectangle shapes. I gave each child a round Ritz cracker and a rectangle graham cracker. How fun it was to eat the shapes today! Afterwards they split into two teams and walked around the room looking for circles and rectangle shapes.

IMG_3382IMG_3383IMG_3384IMG_3385IMG_3386IMG_3387IMG_3388IMG_3389

L is for Lion

After we wrote the lower case l, we got to glue yarn on a lion’s mane today. What a sticky, gooey, fun mess!

IMG_3390IMG_3391IMG_3392IMG_3393

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know if you stopped by our blog. We welcome your comments.